Everything You Need To Know About Wonder Woman Girl Gal Gadot
Born on April 30, 1985, in Rosh HaAyin, Israel, actress Gal Gadot has appeared in such popular films as Fast & Furious (2009) and Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016). Her father worked as an engineer and her mother was a teacher. Gadot was an athletic child, studying dance and playing several sports in her youth. One of her first career ambitions was to be a choreographer, she told Vanity Fair.
When she was 18 years old, Gadot entered the Miss Israel competition. She thought that being in the beauty pageant “would be a nice experience” but “I never thought I would win,” Gadot explained to Glamour magazine. “I was shocked when they crowned me.” This victory helped launch her career as a model. She then served her mandatory two-year commitment in the Israel Defense Forces. After she completed her service, Gadot went to college to study law.
While in college, Gadot was asked to audition to play the love interest of super spy James Bond in Quantum of Solace (2008). She had several callbacks, but she didn’t get the part. Still the experience sparked her interest in acting. As Gadot told Interview magazine,
“I realized it takes a lot to act, and it’s so much more interesting than going to law school.” She soon landed a role on an Israeli TV series and then a part in a feature film.
In 2009, Gadot made her film debut as Gisele in Fast & Furious starring Vin Diesel and Paul Walker. She returned to play the role in several sequels: Fast Five (2011), Fast & Furious 6 (2013) and Furious 7 (2015). Gadot soon landed a role of a lifetime when she was cast as Wonder Woman (and her alter ego Diana Prince) in the big budget action film Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016). Getting into character presented her with some challenges, as she told Jimmy Kimmel on his talk show. At first, her costume “was so tight, I literally could not breathe.” Despite any wardrobe issues, Gadot sees the significance of Wonder Woman as a role model. She explained to Glamour that
“it was important for me that we show how independent she is. She is not relying on a man, and she’s not there because of a love story.”
After her role in Batman v. Superman, Gadot will once again play Wonder Woman in her own film, which is set for a 2017 release. She will also be appearing in several upcoming Justice League movies. In addition to her work as Wonder Woman, Gadot also stars with Ryan Reynolds and Kevin Costner in the action drama Criminal (2016) and the upcoming comedy Keeping Up with the Joneses with Isla Fisher and Jon Hamm.
Gadot is married to businessman Yaron Versano. The couple wed in 2008 and have a daughter named Alma.
1. Statuesque Beauty
2. Probably Her Best Acting Performance
3. That’s Hot
4. What Makes It Even Hotter Is Knowing That The Guy That Made Wonder Woman Was Right Into Bondage
5. Gal Gadot
6. Gal Gadot Visits Children’s Hospital In Her Wonder Woman Costume
7. Her Dress Looks Inside Out!
8. Man That Is Just About The Spitting Image Of A Gal Which Is To Say That She Looks Fantastic
9. That Dress Is A Work Of Art
10. This Is Probably Weird But Does Anyone Have Any Idea What Dress That Is?
11. That’s A Strange Idea, Using The Daughter Of Zeus For A Campaign Called Be More Human
12. Love Her
13. Probably One Of Her Best Pics. Love The Look She’s Giving Here.
14. It Kinda Looks Like Her Face Is Photoshopped In
15. Gal Gadot
16. It’s Disconcerting How Short Her Smile Is. “Thank You For Your Help … But Do Better Next Time.”
17. Airbrush Must Be A Crime
18. Gal Gadot