Turmeric Milk, Why This Herb Is Important?
Most people love the great taste of well made mustard or a nice thick curry. These classic dishes are given their great taste largely by the delicious root known as turmeric. This venerable middle Asian plant is a true superstar in the taste department, and boasts amazing medicinal qualities as well.
It is also quite adaptable, and thus it can be readily enjoyed as a beverage. On of the most tasty of these liquid turmeric delights is known as Golden milk or Turmeric Milk. In addition to being just delicious, it enjoys all of the health promoting properties of turmeric.
This means that those who make this amazing libation part of the diet will be warding off the occurrence of many potentially dangerous illnesses.
Which beneficial health effects does turmeric promote? The list includes the following:
- The curcumin that is one of the main ingredients in turmeric has some near magical medicinal properties, one of which happens to be its action as a powerful Anti-inflammatory. This property gives it the ability to relieve many diseases related to inflammation, including gout, rheumatoid arthritis, irritable bowel disease, and many more.
- Oxidation is an inescapable part of metabolic processes that help the body to produce energy. This oxidation leads to the formation of free radicals, which are dangerous leftover molecules with unstable electrical charges. This situation leads to tissue and organ damage over time, and accelerates aging. Turmeric is a well known and powerful anti-oxidant. This means that by simply enjoying a delicious cup of golden milk a few times a week, individuals can go far in preventing the onset of diseases related to oxidation and free radical toxicity.
- Curcumin has been proven to lower level of LDL cholesterol in people at risk of developing heart disease. LDL is a main culprit in the formation of artery clogging plaques. Hence, making sure that it’s regulated is a key consideration.
For these and many more reasons, one and all are urged to discover the joys of drinking golden milk, the nutritious and delicious health power house.
Turmeric is an essential ingredient in the gold milk recipe. If you have trouble sleeping, consider incorporating turmeric in your life.
Curcumin can help against sleep deprivation and stress less. By mixing turmeric with milk and black pepper together, you increase your body’s absorption of the Curcumin with 2000% !
Turmeric Milk (Golden milk) Recipe:
- 2 cups of milk (or substitute coconut milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon raw honey or maple syrup
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (increases absorption with 2000%)
Blend first all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth OR combine all ingredients except honey in a small saucepan. Pour into a small sauce pan and heat for 3-5 minutes over medium heat until hot but not boiling, stirring constantly.
When completely blended and hot (but not boiling), remove from heat and add honey to taste, stirring until dissolved. Drink the turmeric milk immediately, enjoy!