While fashion is changing each new day, curls are always on-trend. The perfect mix of sexy cuteness and wildness. Who does not want to have curls except curly people, of course?
There are multiple tools to make waves. The most obvious choices are curling iron and the best hot rollers. And since there are tons of information on curling iron, let’s find out what do we actually know about rollers?
The secret guide to Hot Rollers
Hot rollers don’t need a real guide. We`ve all known the basics since early childhood. Our moms used them, our grannies used them. While we receive a better quality of rollers and better hair care, the manual is still the same.
Let’s refresh memory:
Step 1. Prepare your hair. Brush it. Make sure it is dry. Meanwhile, start heating up rollers. You may also use spray or mousse for extra fixation. In this case, do it right away.
Step 2. Part hair into sections and brush it again. When the roller is heated, take a section of hair and roll it up to the skull. Use clips to fasten the roller. Now, when it is holding on its place, take another roller and repeat the procedure.
Step 3. Wait for up to 15 minutes before removing hot rollers. Now, remove rollers one by one, unfastening clips. Use the hair spray if you did not do it before, brush your hair, or just point curls into the direction you need with fingers.
Picking up Hot Rollers that suits you
There is nothing easy in picking up the best Hot Rollers from the variety offered on the market. The task is getting harder by the fact that each pack of hot rollers is different and has its benefits.
Let’s take a closer look at some of them:
- BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Roller Hairsetter was made for those who love to experiment with their hair. It goes in a set with twenty rollers of different sizes which solves the problem of the monotonous hairdo, but if you have long hair and want to see only big or small curls, you’ll need to buy another set.
- Clipless Curlers: InfinitiPro Secret Curl by Conair contains 12 silicone rollers in a set. There are no clips or pins in the pack, which makes the whole procedure easy. Toller is easy to close on each strand.
- Conair Instant Heat Travel Hot Rollers are compact and can easily fit in your carry-on bag. There are 5 rollers which heat up in 2 minutes. It comes with a long cord and super clips to hold rollers.
Things that matter
Material. Hot Rollers are made of different materials, from ceramic to wax. Depending on the material, you may receive quicker heating and long-lasting effect.
Size. It is the most important thing when it comes to picking the perfect rollers. You may be a fan of big curls, so you don’t need to buy a set of different sizes. Pick rollers you’ll use every day.
Time of heating. Modern hot rollers heat up in 2-5 minutes, depending on the model. It can be crucial for you, when you are late for work, missed your breakfast and still in pajamas.
Dry heat or Steam. Rollers with dry heat are warm to touch, as the metal inside them is heating up. Steam rollers evaporate water and moisturize hair, so the effect lasts longer. Dry rollers are faster in use.
Modern Hot Rollers don’t damage your hair. They are quick in use and safe as well. Depending on the waves you want to have, you may choose different hot rollers. The best thing is you still can combine them with a curling iron or a curling wand.
Best Hot Rollers Available on Amazon
- Pros: Titanium core promotes long-lasting curls. Velvet flocking protects hair.
- Cons: No heat indicator light. Metal butterfly clips are not suited to all hair types.
- Pros : Fast heat time (15 seconds). Steam-powered rollers. Includes carrying case and style guide.
- Cons : Potential exists for water corrosion and mineral build-up. (Regular cleaning will address this.)
- Pros: Heats quickly (3-5 minutes). Detachable cord. Protective velvet flocking. Includes indicator light.
- Cons: Occasional issues with the base cracking.
- Pros: Rapid heating time (five minutes or less).
- Cons: Clips tend to mark hair, slip out of place, and break.
- Pros: Detachable cord and protective case ensure durability.
- Cons: Some owner complaints about loose clips.